Friday, December 28, 2012

Whimpy's


It has been a busy fall, although not in the County 5 sense. Instead of writing and shooting photos I've been completing grad school applications, shopping for a suit, and prepping for interviews. But my master plan is coming together. Last month I was accepted to a masters program in anesthesia, and next fall I'll start school to become a CRNA. Before then, I plan on quitting my job and taking up adventure, travel, and photography as full time hobbies. More on that later.

Out of My Element

To celebrate the good news I headed to the Tetons with my best friend, Zac Harlow, and my Dad in what is quickly becoming our annual ski trip. Unlike Colorado, which seems to have turned into the Gobi Desert over the last year, Jackson was getting pummeled by storms and the skiing looked fantastic.


A relatively stable snowpack and lots of new snow were a treat after all the sunshine that has plagued Colorado. We spent a day touring in the Tetons, at Whimpy's, just north of Death Canyon. It is one of my favorite tours, and usually offers stunning views but the clouds and snow kept them from us all day.



Zac "I am the Walrus" Harlow

Tea Time


We were joined by Erica Engle and Justin Tatosian, two good friends who live in Jackson. A stormy day in the mountains with close friends was quite a treat.

Erica Engle Aspirating the Cold White Stuff

Justin Tatosian, Floating.

My Dad, Terry Deshler, Staying Young

Justin



Zac Harlow, Kicking up Dust!


My Dad is always game for powder skiing and it is inspring seeing him out there ripping turns with folks half his age. Here's to many more years enjoying new snow with him!

Dad, 65 and Still Earning the Turn


Erica, Flying By

 The Gang

 Another Pummeling by Wind and Snow

Yours Truly, Back in My Element

 Ski Out

Justin, Erica, and Dad

The snow followed me back to Denver where I shot these photos on a hike near Boulder.








1 comment:

  1. Loved the post and the snow looked real good. Cheers to you and full speed ahead.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete