Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rain


I like clouds and rain. Nothing against the sun but day after day of blue skies wears on me. This winter, Colorado has turned into a desert and the blue skies have been relentless. In mid March I traveled to Portland to see my sisters. It rained nearly every day. The rivers were swollen and it was snowing in the mountains. I loved it. 



My folks were out for spring break so the entire family was there. And the sun did shine a little - which made it all the more sweeter.

Deshler Family Reunion

Friends work schedules and high water limited my days on the river to a couple and warm temps stymied my attempt at skiing. So instead I enjoyed one of my favorite cities. The cherry blossoms were blooming and the northwest was slowly transitioning to the vibrant green of spring. On a run along the Willamette the sun broke through and I longed for my camera. It inspired me and on the last day I took my camera down to the water and shot these photos. The shooting conditions were challenging, as grey as the northwest gets. I was soaked by the time I was done but had these to show for my efforts. 

 Steel Bridge











1 comment:

  1. You should see it this week homie...Great seeing you while you were here...
    CC

    ReplyDelete